"Men take only their needs into consideration, never their abilities."人們常只想到自己的需要,而沒考慮自己的能力。
"My motto has always been: a career open to all talents, without distinction of birth."我的座右銘是:職業不分貴賤,唯才適用。
"Men are moved by only two levers: fear and self interest."恐懼和興趣能激勵人。
"Be successful! I judge men only by the results of their actions."一定要成功﹗我只以成敗論英雄。
"I like honest men of all colors."我喜歡所有誠實的人。
"I start out by believing the worst."我凡事先做好最壞的打算。
"Adversity is the midwife of genius." 逆境造就天才。
"God has given me the will and the force to overcome all obstacles."上帝已賦予我克服種種困難的意志與力量。
"If I had not been born Napoleon, I would have liked to have been born Alexander."如果今天我不是拿破侖的話,我想成為亞歷山大。
"Imagination rules the world."統治這個世界的是想像力。
"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."信仰使窮人不至于去謀害富人。
"The great proof of madness is the disproportion of one's designs to one's means."一個人的計劃與實踐存在太大的落差即是瘋狂的表現。
"The stupid speak of the past, the wise of the Psent, and fools of the future."聰明的人談現在,愚蠢的人談過去,傻子才談未來。
"Genius is an infinite capacity for taking pains."所謂的天才是不斷地承受痛楚。
"Men are more easily governed through their vices than their virtues." 人們較易于受邪惡的擺布勝于受道德的約束。
"Circumstances? I make circumstances!" 英雄造時勢。
"It requires more courage to suffer than to die."茍活比犧牲需要更多的勇氣。
"The bullet that will kill me is not yet cast."能殺死我的那顆子彈至今尚未鑄造出來。